Monday, 16 March 2009

The World on Who's Shoulders?

I'm back to the Edinburgh studio on Thursday and here's what's about to hit the easel. I will probably do a charcoal drawing first to iron out any niggles before paint hits canvas. There are a few tonal issues that need looking into. Quite fancy doing something bigger than the average bear.

I am going to try to get some more models on the go soon.

I had been thinking of painting a quite traditional/literal take on the Greek mythology of Atlas Telamon. Y'know that Titan with the world on his shoulders. Ok, he was actually supporting the heavens but, for the sake of an iconic image, who cares. Not sure who would model for this... Who do I think deserves a bit of torture at the moment? Mmmmm

Not received the canvas to start the Aberdeen commission yet but everything is set to go. It will be Marvelous!

Reet I'm off to bed, people to see tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Tweets by @dylanlisleart