Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Aspirational locations

I know, I know! I have been a bit quiet of late. I have had the revered opportunity to spend four days at The Queen's Hut in the bonny and remote Aboyne. It is such a relief to blow the cobwebs from one's hair and see life at it's most rudimentary level. Trees, water and ducks are are a far cry from the droning intimacy of the city. I would quite happily spend six months of my year up there being focused and productive...and then six months painting in the city. I am, suffice to say, blown away by this location and it's implications.

On my return I thought it prudent to work from home on the Festive Bestiary for UnionGallery in Broughton St in Edinburgh. Lots of dogs and birds! It's looking good. but I fear these may be collectable if you know what I mean.

No comments:

 
Tweets by @dylanlisleart