Thursday, 22 July 2010

Busy Busy bee.

I had meant to take some time off after the show but after five days I found myself with little else to do but go back to the studio.  I have been working on the pieces in my previous post and am enjoying a new burst of creativity. I'm glad I have got the RED thing out of my system. Probably a good thing seeing as there are a few imitators out there.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero! 

There are still eleven days left until the end of the UnionGallery exhibition. Anyone who is a fan of either Patsy McArthur's work or my own should make the effort to see this one off pairing.

Anyhoo! Here's the pictures...


The model is The Outstanding Clare Murphy!
I have completed the second flesh layer of underpainting. I will then paint over this with velatura and opaque colours to bring it to life.  I have also blocked in the rough tonal values of the blue fabric. The yellow looking lines will be painted grey eventually.
I am very excited to be collaborating with an old school sign writer on this one. The plan is to have antique gold (not shiny cheesy gold) lettering in a roman font behind the figure. "ET IN ARCADIA EGO" is a possible choice for the text.... But I would be interested in any suggestions.


Here is the latest offering from my AMAZINGLY TALENTED student Alistair Walton. I will follow this post up with his naked burlesque-esque goal keeper/falling woman. I forgot to photograph it when he was last at El Studio Diablo. It is something to behold! WEIRD! HAHAAH. He hates it when I use that word. Trust me...It is brilliant. Very, very, very pleased with the things he brings to the studio. He has a facility for technical painting that sometimes frightens me. ACE!
I must add that his IMAGINATION is something that will eventually put him in higher regard than my contemporaries.

No comments:

 
Tweets by @dylanlisleart