Sunday, 3 July 2011

Sweaty and smelly but happy.

Yes you guessed it! El Studio Diablo is uncomfortably hot. I suspect the devil has set up camp behind a pile of bubble wrap and is torturing me with intense heat. Need to find another fan to avoid my new student  perishing from heat stroke.

I have got a lot done to the latest painting today. Left the studio at 10pm feeling satisfied with the days work.
I have applied a velatura of vermillion and yellow ochre to the underpainting and worked into it with white and naples yellow. I will deal with subtleties of colour tomorrow using transparent glazes on the highlight areas and opaque tinted greys for the reflected light and colour in the shadow areas. I will then strengthen the darks and tweak the whole thing with various coloured glazes and scumbles.


Not too sure what to do with the background. I have a few ideas but can't decide which one to use. It's getting there though.


My new Russian from Norway student arrives tomorrow evening so a bit of a tidy up tomorrow.

Whoohaa!
That is all
D&L

No comments:

 
Tweets by @dylanlisleart