Friday, 16 September 2011

Surgeons Hall Edinburgh

Yesterday I went to Surgeons hall Museum in Edinburgh to see some amazing specimens and illustrations. They said I had to write a letter if I wanted to see the good stuff though. Much of the things on display to the public are curiosities such as deformed skulls and pretty baffling growths and parasites but generally it was pretty breathtaking. The array of jars containing scary things is something to behold as is the skin from the chest of a sailor complete with ship tattoo and nipples. A recommended experience but not really what I was looking for in terms of anatomical reference.


It would appear that the main anatomy museum in Edinburgh, based at the school of medicine, is closed to the public and only open to it's students. What a bizarre situation. I am going to write them a letter and attempt to get a day in there drawing.

No comments:

 
Tweets by @dylanlisleart